These are a regular at my workshops and people ask for the recipe so they must be good. They’re not only delicious but filled with antioxidants. Antioxidants apparently help remove free radicals (personally I always like my radicals to be free 🙂 from the body to keep you looking and feeling vital and healthy! So even more reasons to make them.
Raw Cacao has been deemed the highest food source for antioxidants!!
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup activated nuts – almonds, cashews, walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, blueberries – optional
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften. I use this water later to soften the mixture
- Whilst dates are soaking add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil and chia seeds to processor and mix.
- Add dates and process.
- If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite size ball size.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut.
- Put in fridge for a few hours before serving
- I normally double the mixture and freeze half of them. Double makes 60 ish